This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best skylake motherboard . We would recommend using Micro Center Intel Core i9-10850K Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.2 GHz Unlocked LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series chipset) 125W Bundle with ASUS Prime Z490-A ATX Motherboard DDR4 Dual M.2 USB 3.2 Type-C as it is one of the best products currently available in the market
Top 9 skylake motherboard – Our Choices
Best skylake motherboard Review
Micro Center Intel Core i9-10850K Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.2 GHz Unlocked LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series chipset) 125W Bundle with ASUS Prime Z490-A ATX Motherboard DDR4 Dual M.2 USB 3.2 Type-C
- 10th Generation Intel i9-10850K CPU Processor and ASUS Z490-A Motherboard bundle combo, maximize performance, speed and connectivity whenever you game, design, record, stream, web browsing, document editing and more. Pack in a bundle, compatibility guarantee, purchase with confidence
- Intel Core i9-10850K Desktop Processor. 10 Cores 20 Threads; 3.60 GHz up to 5.2 GHz Turbo Unlocked; 20 MB Intel Smart Cache; Intel UHD Graphics 630; 125W TDP; LGA1200 Sockets Supported
- CPU Support Maximum Memory Capacity 128 GB, DDR4 2933 MHz, No ECC memory, up to 2 memory channel, 45.8 GB/s max memory bandwidth. Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 Support, Intel Optane Memory Supported, Compatible only with Motherboards based on Intel 400 Series Chipsets
- ASUS Prime Z490-A MB. Built with Intel LGA 1200 Socket, designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors. Flexiable connection and fast speed with dual M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and ASUS Optimum II for better DRAM overclocking stability, AI Overblocking, AI Cooling
- Enhanced Power Solution: 12+2 DrMOS power stages, 6-layer PCB, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery. / VRM heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility for better cooling./ ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and Gen 2 addressable headers./ Revamped 5 Way Optimization to overclock the CPU and tunes fan speeds with intelligence
ASUS Micro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 Motherboards H110M-K
1 used from $186.68
- DDR4 memory compatibility
- 5X Protection II - Advanced hardware safeguards for all-round protection
- Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS with EZ Flash 3 ; Operating System Support:Windows 10 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit,Windows 7 32bit/64bit
- Fan Xpert advanced fan controls for balanced cooling and silent performance
- Integrated DVI & VGA ports for dual monitor environments
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 HDMI DP SLI CFX ATX Z390 Gaming Motherboard
- Supports 9th i9-9900k, i7-9700k, i5-9600k and 8th Generation Intel Core/ Pentium gold/ Celeron Processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 Memory, up to 4400(OC) MHz
- Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic 3, 2x Turbo M. 2, Intel Optane Memory Ready, M. 2 Shield frozr, Turbo USB 3. 1 Gen2, pre-installed I/O shielding
- Mystic Light: 16. 8 million colors/ 29 effects. Connect RGB or rainbow LED strips with addressable headers and create an RGB Gaming PC. Control Mystic Light Sync enabled products
- Built for high-performance gaming - Atx form Factor ready for Multi-GPU. Operating System - Support for Windows 10 64-bit
GIGABYTE B365M DS3H (LGA1151/Intel/Micro ATX/USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB3.0) Type A/DDR4/Motherboard), 10.43 x 10.43 x 2.12 inches
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard with LED trace path lighting
- Ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
EVGA X299 Micro, LGA 2066, Intel X299, SATA 6GB/s, USB 3.1, USB 3.0, mATX, Intel Motherboard 131-SX-E295-KR
1 used from $498.86
- Supports Intel Core X-Series cascade lake-X, Skylake-X and Kaby lake-X processors for 2066 socket
- Matx form Factor
- 32GB DIMM support - Quad-Channel DDR4 up to 128GB 4000MHz+ cascade lake-X/Skylake-X, and 64GB 4133MHz+ Kaby lake-X
- New EVGA GUI BIOS features in-bios stress test and OC robot to auto-overclock your CPU and set per Core Clock speeds and voltages
- 4 USB 2.0 Ports (2 internal headers), 8 USB 3.1 Gen1 (1 header), 2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Ports (1x Type-A, 1x Type-C)
GIGABYTE H370M D3H GSM (LGA1151/Intel/Micro ATX/Hybrid Digital PWM Design/DDR4/USB 3.1 Gen 2 (USB3.1) Type C and Type A/M.2/Motherboard)
3 used from $99.00
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Buffered DDR4
- New hybrid Digital PWM design
- Intel Cavil 802. 11ac Wave2 2T2R WIFI upgradable
- High quality Audio Capacitors and Audio Noise Guard with LED Trace Path Lighting
Micro Center AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Matisse Desktop Processor 8-Core Up to 4.4GHz Unlocked with Wraith Prism LED Cooler Bundle with ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PLUS II AMD AM4 Ryzen 5000 ATX Gaming Motherboard
- The World's Most Advanced AMD 3700X CPU Processor with Wraith Prism LED Cooler and ASUS TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II Motherboard bundle combo, experience elite performance in games, design, record, content creation and instense multi-tasking. Pack in a bundle, compatibility guarantee, purchase with confidence
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor. 8 cores, 16 threads, 65W TDP, 4 4 GHz max boost unlocked for overclocking 36 MB of game cache DDR4 3200 MHz system memory specification, bundled with the AMD Wraith Prism cooler with color controlled LED support. Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- AM4 Sockets Supported, the first processors with PCIE 4.0, delivering double the graphics bandwidth. Massive GameCache memory onboard for higher game performance. Leading edge 7-nanometer technology for cool, quiet, efficient operation
- ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PLUS II MB (Ryzen 5000, 3rd Gen Ryzen ATX Gaming Motherboard), built with Socket AM4 Socket, compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs. Flexible connection and fast speed with dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A connector, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, Supports HDMI 2.0b (4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output
- Robust Power Design: DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs./ Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and PCH heatsink, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert 2 utility
ASUS WS X299 SAGE LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 U.2 X299 CEB Motherboard for Intel Core X-Series Processors with Quad-GPU Support, DDR4 4200MHz, Dual M.2 & U.2 Support
1 used from $679.79
- Designed for 7th generation LGA2066 socket Intel Core X-Series processors with dual M.2 and U.2, front panel USB 3.1 Gen2, Dual Gigabit Intel LAN, support for Thunderbolt 3, Intel VROC and Intel Optane Memory compatibility
- Oc design featuring ASUS ProClock and T-Topology technology extends CPU and memory overclocking margins while providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance for memory speeds of ddr4-4200 MHz and beyond
- 7x PCIe x16 slots with patent-pending Safe Slot feature an injection molding process that integrates metal framing for stronger, firmly anchored PCIe Slots built for heavyweight GPUs, ideal for supporting 4-way NVIDIASLI or AMD Crossfire
- 5-Way Optimization featuring Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 delivers automatic overclocking profiles for maximum OC performance while headers for thermal sensors, AIO pump, and water cooling provide dynamic system cooling
- Complete it infrastructure management with ASMB9 out-of-band remote management and in-band ASUS control Center providing a complete server management solution reducing it operating costs with features like remote BIOS updating, monitoring multiple systems via a mobile device, and one-click software updates/Dispatching
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard- PCIe 4.0, Aura Sync RGB Lighting, 2.5 Gbps and Intel Gigabit LAN, WIFI 6 (802.11Ax), Dual M.2 Heatsinks
25 used from $259.98
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Aura Sync RGB: ASUS-exclusive aura Sync RGB lighting, including RGB headers and addressable Gen 2 headers
- Comprehensive cooling: active PCH heatsink, MOS heatsink with 8mm Heatpipe, Dual on-board M. 2 heatsinks and a water pump + Header
- Gaming connectivity: supports PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 2 and features dual M. 2 and USB 3. 2 Type-A and Type-C connectors
- Gaming networking: 2. 5Gbps LAN and Intel Gigabit Ethernet With ASUS LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with MU-MIMO, and Gateway teaming via GameFirst V
The popular skylake motherboard brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the skylake motherboard from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the skylake motherboard I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
How to choose the best skylake motherboard
There are some things you should consider when buying a skylake motherboard. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a skylake motherboard. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your skylake motherboard and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most skylake motherboards fall within the price range of $ 649.99 to $ 454.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Micro Center Intel Core i9-10850K Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.2 GHz Unlocked LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series chipset) 125W Bundle with ASUS Prime Z490-A ATX Motherboard DDR4 Dual M.2 USB 3.2 Type-C.
If you want something medium range, choose GIGABYTE B365M DS3H (LGA1151/Intel/Micro ATX/USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB3.0) Type A/DDR4/Motherboard), 10.43 x 10.43 x 2.12 inches. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Micro Center AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Matisse Desktop Processor 8-Core Up to 4.4GHz Unlocked with Wraith Prism LED Cooler Bundle with ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PLUS II AMD AM4 Ryzen 5000 ATX Gaming Motherboard
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the skylake motherboard you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Micro Center AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Matisse Desktop Processor 8-Core Up to 4.4GHz Unlocked with Wraith Prism LED Cooler Bundle with ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PLUS II AMD AM4 Ryzen 5000 ATX Gaming Motherboard
3. The brand
Buying the skylake motherboard from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your skylake motherboard to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a skylake motherboard from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best skylake motherboard?
The best skylake motherboard is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Micro Center Intel Core i9-10850K Desktop Processor 10 Cores up to 5.2 GHz Unlocked LGA1200 (Intel 400 Series chipset) 125W Bundle with ASUS Prime Z490-A ATX Motherboard DDR4 Dual M.2 USB 3.2 Type-C
Are there any good deals on skylake motherboard?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best skylake motherboard and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest skylake motherboard?
Although most of the cheaper skylake motherboard do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Micro Center AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Matisse Desktop Processor 8-Core Up to 4.4GHz Unlocked with Wraith Prism LED Cooler Bundle with ASUS TUF Gaming B450-PLUS II AMD AM4 Ryzen 5000 ATX Gaming Motherboard
Where can I buy the skylake motherboard?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best skylake motherboard
We hope you liked the skylake motherboards that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,