This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best internal optical drive . We would recommend using LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter without Software, Black (WH14NS40) as it is one of the best products currently available in the market
Best 9 internal optical drive – Our Choices
Top internal optical drive review
LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter without Software, Black (WH14NS40)
1 used from $33.74
- Drive Type: Super-Multi Internal SATA Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
- BD-R SL/DL: 14X/12XDVD-R SL/DL: 16X/8XDVD+R SL/DL: 16X/8X
- CD-RW: 24X
- Buffer Memory: 4MB
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
2 used from $51.47
- Drive type Internal 16X Blu-ray Disc Rewriter, M-DISC Support. Access time : BD-ROM is 180 ms typ
- Interface: SATA (SATA 1.1a), Buffer Memory: 4 MB
- Operating System - Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Blu-Ray Disc, DVD and CD Family Read/Write Compatible, Write and Read Quad, Triple, Double Layer BD-R Discs
- Sustained Rate: BD-ROM: 575.44 Mb/s (16x) max, DVD-ROM: 22.16 Mb/s (16x) max, CD-ROM: 7,200 Kb/s (48x) max
ASUS Internal 24X SATA Optical Drive DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G (Black)
4 used from $14.40
- E-green - automatically optimizes your drive's power consumption.
- E-hammer - allows you to permanently delete The data on writable disc (CD-R and DVD-R) formats.
- Optimal tuning strategy - cover both media and drive variations as well as operating temperature, optimal write speed detection, improve write quality.
- Auto vibration reducing system - designed to reduce vibration and noise induced by unbalanced mass of rotating machinery.
LG WH16NS60 16x Internal Blu-ray BDXL M-Disc Drive (with Ultra HD 4K Playback) Bundle with Cyberlink Software and SATA Cable
- Write and read Quad, Triple, Double Layer BD-R discs - BDXL format supports high capacity Blu-ray discs (up to 100GB write-once discs)
- Jamless Play technology automatically skips past damaged parts of a disc and maintain smooth playback.
- Silent Play technology automatically controls the disc read speed for optimail noise reduction.
- M-DISC (DVD) Supported - use M-DISCS with this drive for superior data protection
- 4MB buffer & buffer under-run prevention function embedded
SilverStone Technology 9.5/12.7mm Slim Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Read and Write Tray-Loading Optical Disk (SST-TOB04)
- Blu-ray/DVD/CD read and write
- Tray-loading designed for laptop or desktop with open 9.5mm or 12.7mm slim optical slot
- Native 9.5mm design with included 12.7mm bezel adapter
- Supports Zero Power ODD and AACS. Supports Buffer Under Run Protection
- Complete retail pack includes SATA cable, screws, user manual and 12.7mm bezel
LG Electronics Blu-ray/DVD Writer Optical Drive - WH16NS60
- Reduces Noise from Disc Spin During Movie Playback
- Support 3D Blu-ray Disc Playback
- Support BDXL (100GB Triple Layer) Disc; Max. 16X BD-R Read and Write Capability
- Blu-ray Disc (Including BDXL, M-DISC), DVD (Including M-DISC & DVD-RAM), and CD Family Read/Write Compatible
- 4MB Buffer Under-Run Prevention Function Embedded
Plextor PlexWriter PX-891SAF 24X SATA DVD/RW Dual Layer Burner Drive Writer - Black (Bulk)
- [Highly accurate and reliable] DVD recording at 24X. Supports full range of common DVD and CD formats including DVD-/+R, DVD+/-RW, CD-RW and CD-R.
- [Secure Media Speed Stability] Ensures that media duplication speed does not exceed encoded maximum rates to provide better burning
- [Stable Recording Control] The drives have an extensive database of media specs and are better able to communicate and convey these details
- [Archival Burning Capability] Able to burn virtually all makes of specialty archival media, including the 1000-year M-Disc brand.
- [Stable burning throughout] Provides consistent and reliable burning of any file type for the duration of the duplication progress to ensure the recorded media has far greater reliability of playback or that the discs will successfully copy to begin with.
HLDS BU40N Ultra Slim Internal Ultra HD Blu-Ray Optical Drive/ 9.5mm/ UHD Drive
|Is Adult Product|
Piodata S21 Internal Super Multi Drive 24X Optical CD DVD Drives Burner Writer DVR-S21DBK (Bulk)
- CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW/RAM/ +R/RW +/-R DL M-DISC/+M SL read and write compatible, CD Family and DVD-ROM read compatible.
- Half-height Internal Super Multi Drive, Max. 24X DVD-R Write Speed.
- Provides you with flexibility and efficiency in terms of multimedia data storage and sharing.
- Built using sturdier components - Compared to alternative drives, this model was built using the true Japanese design and parts lists for a stronger and more reliable system.
- Stable burning throughout - Provides consistent and reliable burning of any file type for the duration of the duplication progress to ensure the recorded media has far greater reliability of playback or that the discs will uccessfully copy to begin with.
The best internal optical drive brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the internal optical drive from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the internal optical drive I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
How to choose the best internal optical drive
There are some things you should consider when buying a internal optical drive. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a internal optical drive. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your internal optical drive and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most internal optical drives fall within the price range of $ 44.99 to $ 24.95. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter without Software, Black (WH14NS40).
If you want something medium range, choose LG WH16NS60 16x Internal Blu-ray BDXL M-Disc Drive (with Ultra HD 4K Playback) Bundle with Cyberlink Software and SATA Cable. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Plextor PlexWriter PX-891SAF 24X SATA DVD/RW Dual Layer Burner Drive Writer – Black (Bulk)
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the internal optical drive you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Plextor PlexWriter PX-891SAF 24X SATA DVD/RW Dual Layer Burner Drive Writer – Black (Bulk)
3. The brand
Buying the internal optical drive from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your internal optical drive to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a internal optical drive from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best internal optical drive?
The best internal optical drive is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is LG Electronics 14x SATA Blu-ray Internal Rewriter without Software, Black (WH14NS40)
Are there any good deals on internal optical drive?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best internal optical drive and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest internal optical drive?
Although most of the cheaper internal optical drive do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Plextor PlexWriter PX-891SAF 24X SATA DVD/RW Dual Layer Burner Drive Writer – Black (Bulk)
Where can I buy the internal optical drive?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best internal optical drive
We hope you liked the internal optical drives that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,