This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best home modem . We would recommend using NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS) as it is one of the best products currently available in the market
Top 9 home modem – Our Choices
Best home modem Review
NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 - Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS)
33 used from $87.29
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
NETGEAR Cable Modem CM500 - Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 400Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0
19 used from $34.99
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- Works with any wifi router: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate WiFi router.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
Linksys AC2200 Smart Mesh Wi-Fi Router for Home Mesh Networking, MU-MIMO Tri-Band Wireless Gigabit Mesh Router, Fast Speeds up to 2.2 Gbps, coverage up to 2,000 sq ft, up to 20 devices (MR8300)
17 used from $82.98
- Provides up to 2,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 20plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App. A mobile device with Android 4.4 or iOS 9 and higher, Bluetooth preferred
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band router delivers the fastest combined Wi-Fi speeds to all your devices
- Tri band Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) plus (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) plus (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem with Voice (CM1150) - Certified for Xfinity by Comcast Internet & Voice Plans Up to 800Mbps | 2 Phone lines | 4 x 1G Ethernet ports | DOCSIS 3.1
13 used from $120.33
- Supports internet speed up to 2Gbps. Certified with Xfinity Internet & Voice Plans up to 800Mbps speed. Future speed with Xfinity is subject to change
- Works with any WiFi router. Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices
- Save monthly rental fees. Model CM1150V replaces your cable modem saving you up to $150/yr in equipment rental fees
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, separate WiFi router, printer, game box, and other devices
- For use with Xfinity Voice service and up to 2 telephone lines with enhanced call features including caller ID, 3 way conference calling, call forwarding and more
NETGEAR Orbi Built-in-Modem Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with all-in-one cable modem and WiFi router and single satellite extender with speeds up to 2.2 Gbps over 4,000 sq. feet, AC2200 (CBK40)
4 used from $255.19
- Delivers seamless internet connectivity and creates a Mesh Wi-Fi network that blankets your home in super fast, seamless Wi-Fi — replaces both your cable modem and router—saves money (up to $168/year in equipment rental fees)
- Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones and buffering — 4,000 square feet of consistent coverage — at speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (gigabytes per second)
- Cable modem is up to 32X faster internet for smooth uninterrupted connections and max download speeds, (thanks to DOCSIS 3.0 modem with 32 x 8 channel bonding)
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your Wi-Fi at the same time — the difference is tri band technology, others use dual band
- Simple setup with the Orbi app — create guest network, access parental controls, and run speed tests right from the app
WiFi & Router Password Finder
- Passwords Of More Than 1,200 Routers
- Simple & Easy To Use Interface
- Support For Tablets
NETGEAR Renewed C3700-100NAR C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router with N600 8x4 Download speeds. Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & More
- Netgear Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished to work and look as new with 90 Day Warranty and email support. All accessories are included with limited documentation and additional information online. Netgear recommends to udpate the firmware for the device to be up to date.
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds up to 340 Mbps faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- 8x4 channel bonding with Gigabit Ethernet Ports for fast wired, connections USB port to wirelessly share your hard drive.Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall)
- "Netgear Refurbished product may have a removed serial number. You will need to state the product is refurbished (state the full part number) if emailing customer support. See the attached (image) flyer to obtain the Serial Number and MAC Address information that maybe needed by your Cable provider before contacting them."
AT&T CL82207 DECT 6.0 2-Handset Cordless Phone for Home with Answering Machine, Call Blocking, Caller ID Announcer, Intercom and Unsurpassed Range, Silver
18 used from $39.00
- Digital Answering system with voice guide records up to 22 minutes
- HD audio with Equalizer for customized audio
- Backlit keypad and high-contrast LCD; Expandable up to 12 handsets
- Caller ID records past 50 names and numbers
- Smart call Blocker saves up to 1, 000 names and numbers
Wireless Home Networking For Dummies, 4th Edition
44 used from $2.55
|Is Adult Product|
|Number Of Pages||384|
The popular home modem brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the home modem from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the home modem I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
5 Things You need to consider when choosing the home modem
There are some things you should consider when buying a home modem. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a home modem. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your home modem and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most home modems fall within the price range of $ 129.77 to $ 100. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS).
If you want something medium range, choose NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem with Voice (CM1150) – Certified for Xfinity by Comcast Internet & Voice Plans Up to 800Mbps | 2 Phone lines | 4 x 1G Ethernet ports | DOCSIS 3.1. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the NETGEAR Renewed C3700-100NAR C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router with N600 8×4 Download speeds. Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & More
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the home modem you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is NETGEAR Renewed C3700-100NAR C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router with N600 8×4 Download speeds. Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & More
3. The brand
Buying the home modem from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your home modem to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a home modem from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best home modem?
The best home modem is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS)
Are there any good deals on home modem?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best home modem and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest home modem?
Although most of the cheaper home modem do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on NETGEAR Renewed C3700-100NAR C3700-NAR DOCSIS 3.0 WiFi Cable Modem Router with N600 8×4 Download speeds. Certified for Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & More
Where can I buy the home modem?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best home modem
We hope you liked the home modems that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,