In this article we will take a look at some of the best chosen air cooler for overclocking . We would recommend using Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Air Cooler, 120mm Single Tower, Intel LGA1151, AMD AM4/Ryzen as it is available at reasonable price
Top 9 air cooler for overclocking – Our Choices
Best air cooler for overclocking Review
Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Air Cooler, 120mm Single Tower, Intel LGA1151, AMD AM4/Ryzen
2 used from $39.99
- Quiet 120mm Kaze Flex fan (Fluid Dynamic Bearing) for high airflow and static pressure with silent operation(PWM, 300-1200RPM). Addition fan clip for adding 2nd fan(optional) as push-pull configuration for maximal performance.
- RAM modules with tall heatsink are no problem for the Mugen 5, the asymmetric design allows unrestricted access to the memory banks. Classic size CPU fan stands 154.5mm in height, Mugen5 offers great compatibility with most popular computer case on the markets.
- Secure and easy-to-install spring loaded mounting system compatible with socket INTEL LGA 775 / 1150/1151/1155/1156 / 1200 / 1366 / 2011(V3) Square ILM / 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM4 / AM3(+) / AM2(+) / FM2(+) / FM1
- 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure greater heat dissipation and superior cooling performance for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Product dimension: (W)136 x (H)154.5 x (D)110.5mm, Weight: 890g. Thermal compound paste included. Premium model for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 and AMD Ryzen.
Scythe Fuma 2 CPU Air Cooler, Intel LGA1151, AMD AM4/Ryzen, 120mm Dual Towers, Black Top Cover
- 15% better in performance to noise ratio, FUMA2 has reached itself to next level. Dual heatsinks and fans accelerate and enhance heat dissipation for top-tier performance. 6 x 6mm heatpipes and copper plate base ensure heat from CPU and drop temps. Ideal for mainstream, gaming PC, even overclocking with high TDP processor(9900k, 9700k, 9600k,3700x, 3800x, 3900x, 3950x).
- Asymmetrical design allows unrestricted use of any front RAM slot, and cut-out fin design gives clearance(55mm) of rear RAM slot(LGA2011/2066). Standing only 155mm tall, the cooler fits most PC case on the market.
- Using Kaze Flex 120mm quiet fan(Fluid Dynamic Bearing), FUMA2 use two different thickness(25mm & 15mm) PWM fans rotating in opposite direction. This generates higher static pressure as well as stable airflow thus pushing cooling performance to maximum while keeping silent operation. Addition fan clips is included to add 3rd fan.
- Premium HPMS III is easy-to-install and secure for socket INTEL LGA 775, 1150/1151/1155/1156, 1200, 1366, 2011(V3)Square ILM, 2066 Square ILM & AMD AM2(+), AM3(+), AM4, FM1, FM2(+). This mounting system gives precise contact pressure to CPU and support most popular sockets and motherboards on the market.
- Product dimension: (W)137 x (D)131 x (H)154.5mm, Weight: 1000g. Included thermal compound paste and Y fan cable for installing both fans on one CPU fan header.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition RGB CPU Air Cooler, SF120R RGB Fan, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins, 4 Copper Direct Contact Heat Pipes for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1151
3 used from $34.99
- Direct contact technology: 4 Heat Pipe with exclusive direct contact technology effectively provides excellent heat dissipation; Air flow: 57.3 CFM; Noise level: 26.0 decibels
- Precise air flow: Stacked fin array ensures least airflow resistance which allows cooler air flow into the heat sink
- RGB LED controller: The wired RGB LED controller allows for customizable colors and effects with just the touch of a button
- Smart Fan sensor for jam protection: Never worry about your cables getting snagged or components being mucked up ever again
- Snap and play: Intuitive fan bracket design makes upgrading and removing the fan a breeze
Cooler Master i71C RGB Intel Low-Profile CPU Air Cooler, Anodized Black Aluminum Fins, Copper Insert Base, MF120 RGB Lighting Fan for Intel LGA1151
- Compatible with Intel LGA 115x sockets; Air flow 37 CFM; Noise level 25.0 decibels
- 60 millimeter super thin design perfectly fits all-in-one systems or limited form factor cases.
- Anodized black aluminum fins + copper insert provides excellent heat dissipation.
- 120 millimeter diameter RGB fan ready for more than 16.7 million color options
- Compatible with Asus aura sync, Gigabyte RGB fusion, MSI Mystic Light Sync, and as rock RGB LED.
Noctua NH-D15, Premium CPU Cooler with 2X NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fans (Brown)
2 used from $94.95
- State-of-the-art dual-tower design with 6 heatpipes and 2 fans provides class-leading cooling performance for overclocking or near-silent systems
- 2 highly optimised NF-A15 140mm fans with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptors for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1200, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4, AM3(+), AM2(+), FM2(+)
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 11900K, 11700K, 10900K, 10980XE) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 5950X, 5900X, 5800X, 5600X)
- Optional NM-i17xx-MP83 mounting upgrade-kit for Intel’s new, LGA1700 based Alder Lake-S CPUs (12900K, 12700K, 12600K, KF and non-K, etc., Z690 chipset) available separately
Ontel Arctic Air Pure Chill Evaporative Ultra Portable Personal Air Cooler with 4-Speed Air Vent, As Seen on TV
58 used from $13.27
- Personal Air Cooler: Enjoy cool air anywhere with this air cooler that helps turn hot, dry air into cold, refreshing air
- Quiet and Lightweight: The whisper quiet fan plus soothing night light make this air cooler perfect to use overnight for a comfortable sleep
- Efficient Cooling: Hydro Chill Technology pulls in hot air through an evaporative air cooling filter and turns it into cool, refreshing air instantly; The multi directional air vent is adjustable to point the air to the area you want
- Easy to Use: It's simple to set up and use, just pour water in the top fill tank, plug it in, and enjoy
- Cool Air Wherever You Need It: The sleek, compact design fits nicely on your desk, nightstand, or coffee table wherever you need it; Use it in your home or work office, garage, RV camper, dorm room; It’s even convenient for travel
DEEPCOOL Assassin III Air CPU Cooler, 7 Heatpipes, Dual 140mm Fans, 54mm RAM Clearance, 280W TDP, New Sinter Heatpipe Technology, 5-Year Warranty
1 used from $84.99
- 7 heatpipes, dual 140mm performance fans, 280W TDP, easy installation, custom screw driver included.
- 54mm RAM clearance. Support Intel LGA2066/2011-v3/2011/1151/1150/1155/1366 and AMD AM4/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2/FM2+/FM2/FM1
- New sinter heatpipe technology extensively increases the heat transfer efficiency.
- Patented two-layer fan blades that amplify the airflow up to 2.5m³/minute.
- Minimalistic style, mirror-finish nickel cover and obsidian-like spoiler.
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, BK022, 250W TDP, CPU Cooler
6 used from $56.48
- Two virtually inaudible silent Wings PWM fans
- Funnel-shaped frame of the front fan for high air pressure
- Achieves only 24.3Db(a) at maximum fan speed
- Seven high-performance copper heat pipes. Overall dimensions without Mounting material (L x w x H): 5.7 x 5.35 x 6.40 inch
- Airflow-optimized cooling fins; cutouts enhance the RAM compatibility.Easily installable black Installation Kit can be mounted from above.Intel: LGA 1150/ 1151/ 1155/ 1156/ 1366/ 2011(-3) square ILM/ 2066.Amd: AM2(+)/ AM3(+)/ AM4/ FM1/ FM2(+)
Enermax ETS-T50 Axe Addressable RGB CPU Air Cooler 230W+ TDP for Intel/AMD Univeral Socket 5 Direct Contact Heat Pipes 120mm PWM Fan White: ETS-T50A-W-ARGB
- Addressable RGB lighting synchronization via motherboard featuring addressable RGB header (5V/D/-/G) or connect PWM power cable to create constant RGB lighting Effect, No software or adaptor needed
- 5 asymmetrical heat pipe design allows extra space for ideal RAM compatibility
- Patented air guide with rotatable grill for preferred airflow direction adjustment directly toward the rear case fan area
- Patented Vortex generation flow design to increate air convection around the heat pipes to optimize airflow
- Compatible Intel socket: LGA2066/2011-3/2011/1366/1156/1155/1151/1150
The popular air cooler for overclocking brands
One of the things we suggest to most of our readers is to buy the air cooler for overclocking from a well-known brand. Good brands provide, good quality products, great customer support, and have service centers in different places around the country. Regarding the air cooler for overclocking I have a preference for the products of the brands listed below.
5 Things You need to consider when choosing the air cooler for overclocking
There are some things you should consider when buying a air cooler for overclocking. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a air cooler for overclocking. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your air cooler for overclocking and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most air cooler for overclockings fall within the price range of $ 49.99 to $ 99.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Air Cooler, 120mm Single Tower, Intel LGA1151, AMD AM4/Ryzen.
If you want something medium range, choose Cooler Master i71C RGB Intel Low-Profile CPU Air Cooler, Anodized Black Aluminum Fins, Copper Insert Base, MF120 RGB Lighting Fan for Intel LGA1151. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the DEEPCOOL Assassin III Air CPU Cooler, 7 Heatpipes, Dual 140mm Fans, 54mm RAM Clearance, 280W TDP, New Sinter Heatpipe Technology, 5-Year Warranty
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the air cooler for overclocking you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is DEEPCOOL Assassin III Air CPU Cooler, 7 Heatpipes, Dual 140mm Fans, 54mm RAM Clearance, 280W TDP, New Sinter Heatpipe Technology, 5-Year Warranty
3. The brand
Buying the air cooler for overclocking from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your air cooler for overclocking to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a air cooler for overclocking from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
5. Check out our website
On our website we have experts in all categories and no matter what the product is, we have a better review or list about it. The products on our list are based on expert picks, advice and hours of research. That’s why when you buy something that’s listed on our best list, you won’t regret it. However, there is a possibility that we may not have covered the product you might be interested in, but if you come across something like this, please let us know via comments or contact us.
What is the best air cooler for overclocking?
The best air cooler for overclocking is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B CPU Air Cooler, 120mm Single Tower, Intel LGA1151, AMD AM4/Ryzen
Are there any good deals on air cooler for overclocking?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best air cooler for overclocking and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest air cooler for overclocking?
Although most of the cheaper air cooler for overclocking do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on DEEPCOOL Assassin III Air CPU Cooler, 7 Heatpipes, Dual 140mm Fans, 54mm RAM Clearance, 280W TDP, New Sinter Heatpipe Technology, 5-Year Warranty
Where can I buy the air cooler for overclocking?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best air cooler for overclocking
We hope you liked the air cooler for overclockings that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,